Sunday, June 16

This Sprain is a Pain

Late last week, I sprained my ankle going through a small hiking path behind my house, and I slipped / tripped on a bunch of loose rocks / branches and hurt my ankle. Of course, first thought since I could not put any weight on it at all was that it was broken. Luckily, it is just a 1-2 degree sprain - so slight ligament tear, but not full - Phew! Still, that being said, I am hobbling around on crutches and trying to get better asap so that I can get back to work at the hospital.


When people say things get worse before they get better, they are usually right. Above is my ankle the day after my dance with the trail: it was super swollen, but not too colourful.



Now: it's turning more vividly purple by the day, although I am able to walk around without crutches in the house; it is still a hobbling battle. Isn't it a lovely purple though? I think I would like it and appreciate the colour more if it was not a bruise on my foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog :)