Tuesday, June 4

Spring Tulips Art Journal Page

"Spring Tulips" - Mixed Media Art Journal Page
Happy Tuesday everyone! Today is my Saturday - a mid-week day off for working the weekend :) I would like to share an art journal page today that I made a couple days ago. It started off as just a stamped background as you see below, and then I just added more and more layers. I finished the background with a semi-transparent layer of yellow-green paint. This colour is just so fresh and screams spring and summer to me :)


After getting a good background, I added a layer of clear pastel ground. I stamped a little bit, and then drew in the flowers with pastel pencils. Being softer than pencil crayons, they cover wonderfully and are so very vibrant.


I finished off with some script, also in pastel pencil.


Fresh flowers in the house really do make me so happy. I love that for the past month, I've been able to go out and cut different flowers for my vase: tulips, daffodils, lilacs and poppies.

Materials used: Unity stamps (s April SMAK kit, February Kit of the Month, ikat love and Jar of Sunshine), archival stamping inks, aquamarkers, acrylic paint, Golden clear pastel ground, pastel pencils.

I have also entered this piece in the Unity Inspired Challenge :)

1 comment:

  1. I found these tulips on the Unity challenge site and was instantly drawn to them. I had to check out your entry to get the details. What a wonderful art journal page. Those tulips are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog :)