Thursday, June 20

Exploring the Bruce


For something local to do this summer, James and I have decided to participate in the 'Explore the Bruce' scavenger hunt. We are both working a lot (me not so much right at this moment with my bummed ankle), but this gives us little day trips that we can do last minute here and there. This may seem like a "kid's thing", but it really isn't. Prizes include boats and week-long cottage rentals.  


Last week, we spent the whole day running around getting punches, and we got 8!! We did a lot of exploring, a little driving and an insane amount of hiking - no, this isn't where I messed up my ankle, that happened the day after this. 


We stopped in Wiarton - and got 5 punches there and hiked about 5km. Then we went to Purple Valley, and hiked another 7-8km along the cliff-coast of Colpoy's Bay. Then, we headed up to Lion's Head and used their viewing binoculars (like those coin-operated ones, except these ones are free to use) and looked for the 'lion's head' in the cliffs - and found it! We had dinner there, and then headed to Stoke's Bay, and got our last punch of the day, and waded in the warm shores of Lake Huron for a little while.


Needless to say, it was quite the adventure, and it was wonderful to explore all this beautiful area around us. I don't think we would have ever known to even hike Purple Valley if it wasn't for this, and the views were amazing!!

There is one punch that is only accessible by boat, and I really hope we find the time get a canoe and go searching for that one :)

I'll be sharing all my photo's with you all tomorrow...stay tuned!! :)

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a lot of fun! Pat & I def need to find some new hiking trails!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun! We will definitely be out exploring more (and some caves too!) once the ankle is all good, and we own proper hiking boots lol

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog :)