Saturday, March 16

March Unity Inspired Challenge


This week I got my March Unity SMAK kit in the mail! I was super excited to try it out, and immediately started inking up the stamps and playing around with everything! I have never been a huge stamper, so this is completely new domain for me. After playing around, I decided to make a card for their Unity Inspired Challange, and above is what I came up with :) I stamped the background, and used some paper accents from the Soho Garden paper pad from American Crafts (the newspaper-flower bit), which I then coloured in with my Letraset Aquamarkers. I used Aquamarine ink for the blue background stamping, and my faber-castell artist big brush pens for the pink - they are wonderful for colouring on stamps, and give great impressions!

Here are some closer looks at this months SMAK kit:


These stamps are huge - perfect for my canvases! I put a quarter in the middle of them all, so you can see how big they really are. This set came with over 40 stamp pieces - so excellent value! This particular kit is based on 'Chalk Board Elements'....so there is a lot of words for this particular kit. But looking at other kits, there are so many texture stamps. I just cannot wait to see what I get next month!


Just a wonderful close up picture to show the quality of these stamps. Now, I know in the beginning I admitted that I'm not much of a stamper - so maybe my opinion on quality is not very relevant. But, so many artists talk about how wonderful these stamps are, and how the red rubber holds up to mixed media goodness so, so well!


I've already stamped a few onto a couple canvases in progress as well. Just love playing with these!

8 comments:

  1. Love your card and wow! what a great deal the SMAK kit is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blessings journal!! What fun stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SERIOUSLY Adorable - I love it SO SO SO SO MUCH! :) Thank you so much for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great card! love your background!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing card I love how you use this SMAK kit!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE!!!!! Thanks so much for Playing along with unity!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool background and super way of using this kit, I think. Such a great sentiment too. New follower of yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!! This is striking. The colors are just perfect and I love what you have done with the card. Thanks so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog :)