Friday, March 1

Inside my Art Journal


I have been loving the chevron pattern for some time now, and this page started with my handmade stencil, and then a 'broken' chevron doodle taking over the page. I really enjoyed dripping the paints on this page. The quote is from the song "Carry On" by Fun, I've posted it below. It's been stuck in my head all week. I love it! But not as much as I love chevron print ;)


On other notes, studio work has been busy - commissions and a wedding invitation design. I had blood-work done the other day (routine), and they just take so much blood...can you tell I'm not a fan? This tech who took my blood was awesome though, didn't feel a thing! Previous times, I have really felt it! I've completed 2 of the 6 assignments for my one online course, and I just have the online test component of the section online course to complete. Work has been busy - but I have been seeing some interesting things in the operating rooms, which I didn't have when I worked at the smaller sites so it's a nice change! 

I have a bunch of fun stuff coming in the mail this month - shortly (some things any day now! :D ). I have my subscription mixed media kit from Scarlet Lime to arrive (the items inside this kit are a semi-surprise...so very anxious to see all the goodies!), I have an order from Simon Says Stamp to arrive (and I got some of those roller doodles from glitz in it - I'm thinking absolutely perfect for the sides of finished canvas'!), and I have my first subscription order from Unity Stamps - the SMAK kit - coming soon too! I already know many ways of using all the goodness in that kit! The lovelies at unity are so nice too - answered my email questions right away, and were so friendly in their sweet replies to my chatty questions and comments :) I can't wait to get to know this company better through their products. I have heard so many amazing things about the quality of their product :)

1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting my blog :)