Friday, August 17

Inside the Studio


I've been working on a lot of commissions this past week. I got the one above done, and the one below almost finished as well. These family forests and family trees are always a lot of fun to do. I find the Family Forest especially relaxing to paint; and laying down all those bright colours is truely inspiring at the end that I just dive into something else!


The family tree was for a wedding, and it has a very modern and calming colour scheme. My favourite part was painting those two little love birds on the lower right branch. The pink heart gives just a little splash of warm colour to really bring the blues out with it.

I've also been busy in the studio with paintings for the shop. I started one - and completed it - last week and it just spurred an entire series that are related to each other:






I'm not going to share the finished pieces until they are all complete. The neat thing about this series is that the paintings are a variety of different sizes: 12x12", 9x12", 4x8" and 4x6", and that should make arrangements on the wall interesting. It also makes it accessible to a variety of people, which is always a plus in my books.

1 comment:

  1. Love the family forest. Perhaps I am ready for Fall after all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog :)