Sunday, August 26

DIY Glitter Ombre Nails


Ombre is very 'in' these days. Glitter is hard to wear 'appropriately' as an adult. Put these two simple facts together, and we have ombre glittered nails!

Here's how I did it:
1. Paint base colour on - about 2 coats to get a good solid coverage. Let dry

...now to apply glitter, do this one nail at a time...

2. Apply top coat onto the first nail. Take a small brush (paint brush, make up brush, whatever you have that you don't mind accidentally wrecking) and dip it into loose glitter - I just poured a little onto a paper. Apply to nail in light dabbing notion, being sure to concentrate the most on the base of the nail - or tip, if you want to do it the other way around

3. Repeat on all nails and let dry

4. Apply generous coat, or two of top coat.

Dip brush in nail polish remover to 'rescue'. I used the brush that I use for masking paint on my watercolours, so it's already a 'destroyed' brush


I'm not sure how long this will last, but it pretty chic, especially with a neutral colour scheme.

Materials used: Essie nail polish (eternal optimist) and Martha Stewart loose glitter (florentine gold)

1 comment:

  1. =O I love it!! I would love to try doing that as a french manicure- rather than the white nail polish it would look epic with glitter instead. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog :)