Saturday, April 14

Not Too Bad, Eh?

Dandelion Fields - PanPastel on Prepared Canvas Board, 5x7"
 Not too bad for my first 'true' pastel painting. Granted, there are lots of things that need to be worked on...for one: understanding pastels a little better. But I set out to lay down a landscape, and it looks like a landscape - task achieved! I do wish I was able to put some more contrasts into my image - it seems very flat, but that is more a task of getting comfortable with the colours and how they mix together.

Here are some detail shots so that you can see all the pastel greatness in it's glory:




I don't think I'm going to post this one for sale...it's sort of a first (not counting that ACEO I created for the sake of creating it). Being a first, I guess that means something, hehe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog :)