Thursday, October 31

Happy Halloween!


I just want to wish everyone a Spooktacular Halloween!! This year I dressed up as Princess Elizabeth from 'The Paper Bag Princess" from a favourite children's book, and James' dressed up as 'Bob' from Bob's burgers.

I knew I wanted "form" to my costume...take the 'paper bag' idea to a different level. I made my costume by hot gluing cut pieces from compost bags onto an old dress that I no longer use. Hot glue is my go-to hero of all things. I used a 'real' dress underneath, as we were going to a dance, and I wasn't sure how well paper would hold up to dancing around, and potentially drinks being spilt on me. I made my crown from tin foil and wire. I'm happy to report, the dress survived the evening :)

As you can see, we haven't yet painted our house...it's on the ever growing to-do list.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing dress!! Cute couple. Hope you had a fun evening.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog :)