Monday, September 30

Inside My Art Journal with PanPastels


Right before packing up my pastels and saying good-bye to them for about a month, I had an urge to create just a little bit with them. It's funny, it isn't until you're faced with something not being accessible to you that you really want to use it. I created this landscape in my art journal by first creating a very textured background of words, and then applying pastel ground medium over top so that the PanPastels could grip to it nicely. Then I just painted with the applicator sponges, and added all this beautiful and vibrant colour to the page. Here are some close ups:




I really like how this page turned out, and how the texture just "pulls" at some of the pastels. There was a point where I thought it might be a not-so-great page, but I just persevered and it turned out great! Definitely experimental all the way! Now all the pastels are sadly packed in boxes ready to move...but at least my trusty watercolours are staying out until the end :)

2 comments:

  1. so pretty! love those vibrant colours & that texture! awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty! love those vibrant colours & that texture! awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog :)