Friday, May 10

Stardust Art Journal Page


I recently read this quote in a book that I finished last week, The Magic of Reality: How We Know What's Really True by Richard Dawkins. It just sort of stuck with me, and I knew that I wanted to put it in an art journal page. 


I started by stamping all over the place, using Unity's SMAK kit from April. Then I applied a layer of clear gesso, and went to town with colour! I used neocolours, pencil crayons and then finished the colour off with PanPastels - smoothing all the layers together, and uniting them all nicely. 


Lastly I ended the page off with black puffy paint. I recently picked up a bottle for a Life Book assignment, and although I'm still working on that page, I know I will have plenty for other projects...I was only able to purchase a large bottle. 

I really like the contrast of the shiny typography against the matte coloured background.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog :)