Saturday, April 13

It's An Instagram Life

Oreo being a complete suck - but how can you not love it?!
This week I was a little vacant from my blog, as I was up visiting my parents in the country for the first half of the week :) I did lots of watercolour painting while I was up there - 5 new paintings! And I'll be sharing those with all you lovelies this upcoming week. They just need to be photographed, scanned, edited and then listed. 

Smoothie for "breakfast" when I got up for night shift Friday afternoon


I got my April SMAK kit from Unity Stamp Co! Love the texture
stamps in this month's kit! I also love so much that I'm able
to use these goodies in cards and my mixed media. I think I might try to
incorporate the lace stamp into the portrait painting I'm doing

A sneaky peak at one of the painting I did at my parents. 
I know I hadn't been doing many paintings in watercolour lately - mostly just commissions. I think it is since I have dived further into the mixed media arts, that I have been surrounded by so many other art supplies. When I went up to my parents, I only brought up the watercolours, and so that was all I had to create - and then I painted up five pieces! There was just so much inspiration that I had gathered up for these lovely tree paintings, and I just needed to separate myself from my supply-clustered studio into a much more serene, and clear environment. It made complete sense to me after - the style of these paintings are so calming, I needed a calming environment to create them.

Now that I know this, I might have to rework how my loft studio is - maybe new storage solutions. Or, maybe come summer (or at least dryer weather than this wet spring) I can bring my painting into my new backyard? I'm sure to find inspiration being surrounded by all the birds and trees from the escarpment. :)

1 comment:

  1. My cat does the same thing! And she event gets right on top of me and rolls over...just like my pooches.

    Love the little hint of your watercolor painting. Very pretty....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog :)