Friday, April 12

All Smiles


I got my April SMAK kit this week from Unity Stamp Co - so I went right to work to create this simple, cute everyday card. I also used the 'All Smiles' stamp set. I love that lace texture stamp that I stamped in green - it's so pretty and adds a vintage and classy feel to the card. I stamped the butterfly on patterned paper and collaged it onto the card, and I also 'popped up' the title banner :)


For this birthday card, I used the 'Written in the Clouds' background stamp, the 'Cuppy Cakes' stamp set and a sentiment from the 'Sassy Pants' kit. I coloured in the cupcake with Aquamarkers and added some rounded pieces of patterned paper and yellow ribbon to bring it all together. I ended up using white embossing on the sentiment to help it stand out.


I 'popped up' the cupcake to bring it more into focus. Now that I've actually got 'pop-up' foam adhesive pieces, and I'm no longer fighting witha  glue gun, things are so much easier, and look so much more finished :)


12 comments:

  1. They are both stunning cards and the first one...WOW!!
    Hugs
    Tracy
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. both your cards are pretty! Love the sentiment on the second one & that cupcake looks so yummy for the tummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are very nice! Anyone would be happy to open their mailbox to one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful set of cards.

    The design of the first one is so pretty.
    The colors trickling through the second is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both designs are fabulous. Love the CAS design of the first and bg of the second!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two great projects, but the embossed sentiment on #2 really works!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful butterfly - super cute cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two great cards, but I looooove that first one! That butterfly is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the first card with the butterfly and the cupcake looks yummy...even if I had my dancing shoes on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look fabulous! I'm biased towards insects, so of course I like the first card the best. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog :)