Thursday, November 15

Woodland I and II Progress


I started working on the second piece last night - these are gifts for a pair of sisters. It's a different colour scheme, a little more dreamy as this little girl likes pinks and purples. Seeing them together though, they are really coming along nicely, and even though they will have different colours, I think they will work together if they decide to hang them close to each other.


This one is the piece I've been sharing all week. I've added a little green to the bottom portion - "meadow grass", and added a few rub-ons to start building texture and interest. 


This second piece isn't at such a stage as the one above. So far it has been collaged, had some light white stenciling, and some patches of colour added to it. As well, the forst has had it's first layer of colour. I've added bits of the chevron washi tape already, as it's quite bold and putting it in now will allow for further layers to 'tone it down'


...and right before getting some shut eye, I played some Mario Kart on the Wii. A benefit of moving in with the boy is that now I have all his video games to play, as I never had any before... *grins* I'm not a huge gaming junkie - I'm not very good at all, but every now and then it's fun to play a little, and Mario Kart is nice in that you can do a single race, and be done playing all together in under 10 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I love watching your pieces develop. The meadow grass was a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog :)