Monday, March 10

Like Icing


I've been dabbling in my oil paints, and reworking an old painting. By reworking, I really mean: taking the original 'reference photo' and redoing it in a whole new way. I tend to do this a lot. And although some might think, "don't you feel like you wasted so much time before, because you're just covering it all up?". Well, my answer is simply, no. I wouldn't have gotten to this point that I'm much happier with, if I hadn't started the way I did. Art isn't always a straight and simple route. Sometimes, you have to deviate off a little - or a lot - to get to where you feel you should be :)


My application of paint for this "rework" is nice and thick and creamy - like icing. The colours are so very vibrant, it's just so wonderful playing with the oil paints again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog :)