Friday, January 11

Mixed Media Forest Journey Shadow Box Artwork

"Forest Journey" - 5.5"x 5.5" x 1.5" Mixed Media Shadow Box
I finally finished my shadow box mixed media piece! "Forest Journey" is filled with little forest critters and plants. I can't believe how well it turned out. All the little pieces: bunny, bird, mushroom and trees, were all created by yours truely - and boy! Did they ever test my patience! And my ability to get gel medium out of my nails heheh.


I think the bunny below was the hardest, especially creating the ears!


I painted / decorated all parts of all boxes so that they could be displayed in or out of the main shadow box housing:


The sides have a gorgeous floral pattern - two types, each on two sides:


I love this mushroom that I made...I always think of those when I think of forest; well, the squishy Canadian sort of forests :)


I felt this metal plate was perfect for the theme, and goes perfectly with the title, "Forest Journey"



And the best, very best part?!? The little boxes can be moved around as the mood desires!! It's like many pieces of art in one! Bored of it one day? Just take the little boxes out and rearrange to a completely new piece of art :) It's fun just playing with it too - I am loving interactive art these days!


It is available for sale in my online shop, www.jellybeans.etsy.com. Or, you can email me.

4 comments:

  1. This is adorable!!! I love the bunny, bird and mushroom! Did you use paperclay for those? I did a swap with the Tim Holz components last year and it was fun configuring it and deciding how to put everything together. Maybe I should do another one. You have inspired me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy, the little figures are shaped tin-foil, then I used mod-podge / gel medium to glue light / thin paper onto them, giving them a paper clay illusion :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. angie - this is really cool! i'm going to go check out your etsy store :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog and loving it. Maybe we can follow each other on GFC or bloglovin? Maybe you could stop by my blog and let me know? XO

    http://mevamarie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog :)