Wednesday, January 9

Large Tree Painting Progress


I've been working on and off on this painting for the past couple months with no real direction - just working on it when I feel like it, and doing what I feel like doing. Above is where is stands now, and below is the last picture I shared with you before. There is tons of texture and layers upon layers of sheer colour. This picture above does not do it justice, but the lighting in that room is poor so it will just have to do. I think that it's almost done, but we will see how I feel about it tomorrow. There are points during this painting that I thought I should have stopped steps ago, and then I progress more and think: wow, this is coming along...and then back to, I should have stopped steps ago. Either way, I am enjoying it, and it is HUGE (2 x 3 feet), and it's rare that I work on very many larger paintings. xo.


2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love the colours in this piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that last shot. It is luminescent!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog :)