Thursday, March 3

Inside the Sketchbook: Travels Documented


I made an effort this time on our trip to Mexico to bring along my sketchbook. This was the first time not traveling in a large group of friends, and I knew there would be times that it would quiet right down and I'd be so happy that I brought it along.







I didn't sketch as much as I thought I would, but I still went through a couple pages. We ended up making friends with a few couples while there, and spent many hours hanging out and lounging around with them. I was very, very happy I brought it along though. I found that when there was an infinite amount of time available in a day for sketching, it went a long more slowly, and was just so relaxing and enjoyable.

Some of the completed pages took the entire day: between chatting, playing cards, enjoying the pool, going to eat, soaking in the sun and so on.  All the pages were inspired by things I saw around me. I must say, I was pretty content sketching away here and there that entire week :)

1 comment:

  1. Love the sketches! I think I need to bring my sketchbook more often as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog :)