Friday, March 25

Floral Work in Progress Part 2.


I've been working on my floral painting a bit here and there, but it's been developing well. I had some issues building up one of the flowers, and ended up just completely redoing it - and I'm very happy with it! I'm glad that I've been actively making time to paint - it feels nice getting into it all again. I didn't realize before how much planning a wedding last year took away from my creative time!

You can see from the above picture that I have lots and lots of layers of paint, and I have even done a bit of sgraffito (scratching into the paint). Here are the remaining progress images, with where the painting stands (still not done), at the end:




Finishing up the base layers in the background really brought it together - gave the whole arrangement shape. I love how I was able to utilize the initial background layer so much with some negative space painting. Still lots of work to do on it...but it's really starting to come together now.

You can see the beginning of this painting, here.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, just passing by your site to see something that will interest me and luckily you impressed me with your great article and I have a great time reading everything that is written. I'm looking forward to see more of your write-ups. If you have time you can also visit my site which indicated below.

    n8fan.net

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog :)