Wednesday, February 19

Art Journal: Sweater


The quote I'm featuring in today's art journal page is from Lana Del Rey's song, 'Blue Jeans' - "You fit me better than my favourite sweater." I've been listening to her music consistently for the past few weeks while creating, and love, love, love it so much!


I wanted to experiment with masking fluid and acrylic paint on this spread. Masking fluid is typically reserved for watercolour paint, but it worked alright when I watered down the acrylic paint and took special attention to be sure it wasn't too thick over the masking fluid areas. Acrylic paint dries to a sort of "polymer film", and so if it's too thick, it won't give way to the masking fluid when you try to rub it off. There's is definitely a fine line, and it was a very enriching experiment.

The reason for doing this page with acrylic paint over watercolour was simple: I wanted the translucent layer effect that thinned down acrylics give. Had I completed this page in watercolour paints, the colours would have bleed into eachother more - which would be a beautiful effect as well; but just not one that I had wanted.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog :)