Wednesday, February 5

Art Journal: Happiness is a Cat at Home


I've been pretty good about working in my Art Journal - of course, we've been snowed in all those days. And more is on the way, fingers crossed I'm not surrounded by closed roads for days again... I videotaped this particular art journal creation. It's not an instructional one - it just fast-forwards through everything with some cute music. I was just creating with headphones on, not so much in the talking mood that day heheh.  I've listed the supplies below the video, and if you have any questions about the process, please just ask below in the comments, and I'll answer them the best that I can :)


Supplies:

  • Decorative paper
  • Mod Podge
  • Faber-Castell artist PITT big brush pens
  • Unity Stamp Co. Stamps 
  • Black Ink
  • Neon acrylic craft paint paint: pink
  • Craft Paint: white and teal
  • Princeton Catalyst wedges #1
  • Washi tapes
  • Date stamp

The process was a pretty simple one: collaged background, add more layers (markers, stamps, washi tape and acrylic paint to bring it together). I then outlined the cat, and painted white all around. I dabbed with towels, and scrapped with the wedge to be sure some of the texture and colour of the background peaked through. The wedge allowed the white paint to catch on the edges to really emphasize texture. The I added a few words (I wrote them out on pencil first), and it was done!


Oreo seems to like it :)

1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting my blog :)