Thursday, January 30

Art Journal: Soar Everyday


Today I'm sharing a spread in my art journal. One of my goals this year, was to work in my art journal on a weekly basis. With all the snow I've been super creative...I even have some watercolour paintings to share with you either this or next week! Gotta love being snowed in!


My inspiration for this art journal page was the Unity Stamp Co. {Be Inspired} Challenge. I used the colour scheme provided, and the pots of flowers made me think of spring, and spring made me think of butterflies! I used the Unity stamps, "I. Kat Love", "Live What You Love" and the lace stamp from the 4/13 SMAK kit.

It's not a typically, super bright and colourful 'spring journal spread'. I really wanted to use the neutral greys provided in the challenge, as I don't very often, and those toned it down a lot.





Materials used: Clear gesso, Pan Pastels, Gel Medium, Gelli Plate, Stencils, Acrylic Paint, Spray Inks, Scrapbooking paper, Coffee filters, stamps, ink, word / letter stickers.

2 comments:

  1. This is so rich in color and just fabu. Love the whole layout! I know what it is to feel the creative spark just ignite and take off. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very pretty spread you have done here...love your colors you have used! I also enjoy using the PanPastels and keep finding new ways to use them in my art. Great post!

    Check out my art blog at http://tazscorner1.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog :)