Wednesday, June 13

Summer Beef Tacos with Avocado and Cucumber Salsa Recipe


This simple Summer Beef Taco (with Avocado and Cucumber Salsa) recipe is so ridiculously easy, not to mention quick! It's light, and very fresh tasting.

What you need:

  • Beef
  • Season for your beef - 
    • I chose: garlic, chili powder
  • Red Cabbage shredded
  • Avocado Cucumber Salsa (below)
  • Soft Tortillas

First, prepare your favourite marinade or spice rub for your beef. If you are graced with a BBQ, please do BBQ the beef - unfortunately, I do not have one as I'm in an apartment building. So I sliced up the beef, and then marinated it in some olive oil, garlic and chili powder - the heat gives a nice contrast to the cool avocado. But your favourite 'beef prep' will work well too.

While the beef is marinating, you will put together your salsa:

  • 1 cucumber seeded and diced
  • 1-2 avocados (save the middle pit)
  • chopped cilantro to taste (~1/4c. - 1/2c.)
  • diced red onion (optional)
  • juice from 2-3 limes.
Let this sit, and shred up some red cabbage - this adds beautiful colour to the dish, and lots of 'crunch'! 

Cook up your beef. While you are doing this, warm your tortilla's - I just placed mine in my oven. Once the beef is done, let it sit for a couple minutes, and then put everything together: tortilla + beef + red cabbage + salsa. 

Since I love cilantro, I added more to my final dish, and gave it all another splash of the lime juice. If you're not able to eat everything, you can use the pits from the avocados to help keep the salsa "green" a little bit longer - just throw the pits in the bowl, cover and put in the fridge. 

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. The pit keeps it from going brown?! How did I not know this?!?! Learn something new each day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog :)