Sunday, June 3

Cubism + Lilies...

..and unlikely match? Maybe not so much:


This is for an online challenge that I'm doing where we are supposed to combine the concept of Cubism and lilies. The sketch is confusing - doesn't look too bad, but some petals are supposed to be coming forward, and other back in not-so-natural ways. I need to keep track of these for when I eventually get to colouring the picture. 

I know cubism is often presented a little more 'square' with more straight edges than what I have here, but I wanted to sort of twist the approach so that it's more modern, and to best represent the lily flower. 

I'm hoping that I'll be able to create a finished piece for this challenge, not just this sketch. There's a lot more that needs to be added to the drawing first before I get to that point though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog :)