Friday, March 9

The Map Project Update #1

The Map Project was set out by Arthouse as a 'free' project that anyone could contribute to. The only specification was that the map folds down to 4x6", and that it's not 3D. I had spontaneously signed up for this project - mostly since I was afraid that once I had truly decided that it would be completely full, and it was cutting it close.













After signing up, I set down to the task of trying to figure out what exactly I was going to do - and it was a difficult process for me. I had so many ideas, but all of them were incomplete. I decided to just run with it, and so fas that has been working out for me. I am getting more ideas as I work on my map, and so inspiration this time is coming from the piece of art itself.

I started off when pencil. Once I was happy with that, I did lining in a very fine black marker, and then started filling in with colour. I am moving back and forth between working on spots that need lining and working on spots that need colour.

1 comment:

  1. Great minds think alike. :)

    Looks awesome - such a labour of love! Haha

    Great colours - I really like the compass & border. Can't wait to see how it progresses!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog :)