Friday, February 12

Review: L’Oréal Paris Hydra-Total 5 Ultra-Soothing Ritual



Before we left for our trip to Hualtulco, Mexico; I received in the mail this wonderful little kit of goodies to trail. I, of course, unboxed it all before taking some pictures - I've never been known for being patient - but it was all beautifully wrapped in tissue paper.


In this facial kit I received: cleanser, toner and moisturizer. 


Let's start with the cleanser: it is made of 'micellar water'. The instructions for it are to 'dab' and not rub in. I'll admit, the cleaning side of my brain doesn't quite understand how something gets clean if you dab, and don't rinse off, etc. My face felt clean, but my brain just couldn't get around it. So, that said, I wasn't a huge huge fan of the cleaner. I ended up wiping it around my face, just because I really couldn't get into the whole 'dabbing-to-clean' idea.

The toner: wasn't like a typical toner. The consistency of it was more like a watery jelly. It felt refreshing to use, and my skin didn't feel super tight like it does with some other toners, nor did it feel dried out. I think of the trio, this was my favourite product.

The moisturizer: The cream was alright, it wasn't horrible and it wasn't great. The bottom line is, it did moisturize my usually super dry skin, and kept it that way. These products were all scent-free; but as everyone knows, scent-free still has a 'scent' - and I wasn't a huge fan of this one. It was almost borderline floral, but maybe that's just me.

My end statement: The products worked well - my faced was clean and smooth and hydrated. I wasn't a fan of the mechanism to cleanse my face, but others may love it. The trio worked well together, and I didn't break out from changing my cleansing routine for a while. My favourite was definitely the toner.

As a note: I received this products, for free, to trial for an unbiased opinion. 

#5works + #BeyondHydration

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog :)