Thursday, May 21

Oh She Grows: Hello to some new seedlings


My precious little garden continues to thrive through these chilly nights, despite a number of non-cold-hardy plants I have sprouting up. My radishes are coming along well, and I pulled one the other day for a lunch time salad :)


Newly sprouted (just), is a lone cucamelon seedling, and then below, my first purple kohlrabi seedling (just planted not even a week ago!


Also new to the garden, is some brussel sprout seedlings. I wasn't going to grow them - I had so many other plants to start - but then I found these starts looking all healthy in a store for a couple dollars, and couldn't resist giving them a try.


My lettuce and carrots have finally graced me with their presence, sort of, and in partial spots only...


I'm going to have to thin a few out shortly, and then add a few more seeds I think....


And some more beautiful shots of the goodness growing:

Spinach growing well in the cooler weather

The purple peas are starting to make their climb

Broccoli also loving the cooler, sunny weather

A little baby bok choi - so excited about growing these, they will be delicious in stir-fry and grilled on the BBQ.

Beets starting to pop up

Another brussel sprout shot

The ever hardy kale - note to self: plant more of the beautiful Redbor variety!

Purple beans

The beginning of my cucumbers

Purple bean seedling just starting out
 
Marigolds to help protect all of my green goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog :)