Thursday, October 9

Say Hello To Chewie


I want everyone to say 'Hello' to Chewie.  I know you got a sneak peak yesterday, but he got all zonked out from our walk yesterday and I was able to get super close with my camera and not have him move or try to lick it.


As mentioned yesterday, he's a Bernese Mountain dog. He's going to be massive - one source said males can get up to 120lb. We wanted a larger dog, and when we talked about it - it was always about the larger breeds. I never thought James would surprise me with a puppy though! He picked a good breed, I'm so very happy!


You can see how massive his paws are - a sure sign that he's got a lot of growing up to do. 



He is a pretty chill puppy. We take him out for a short walk - which he just tries to sit and lie down for half of it, and then he sleeps for a couple hours. Below you see him leaning against a tree after walking half a block. He's just a puppy, so we will build up these walks more with time.


He's a super smart puppy. He can already recognize when we get back on 'his' street. He just starts running (after resisting the walk the whole way lol) - first to our neighbours who have a Retriever dog that he has already played with. And then to our front door. He is also already going to the back door to be let out when he's ready to go 'potty'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog :)