Monday, December 10

Woodland Paintings: Completed!

Dawn if you're reading this, make sure the girls are not around ;)


 I have finally finished the girls paintings last night. I put on the final, protective UV coat and that it is! Happy dance!! I really do hope they like these :)


The sides I covered with patterned washi tape, and then painted, or stamped - or both to unify it to the painting more.


Here is the first one, Dream As If You'll Life Forever Woodland. I felt the quote, which is on that little metal plaque was appropriate for this nighttime - midsummer evening theme that sort of developed as I worked on it.


The young girl in this one has butterfly wings that I added with rub-ons. She is a mixture of collage and painting.


Here's the metal plaque from Tim Holtz, and some washi tape. I also used some leftover kraft flowers I had from Maya Road. I used my own brads to keep them together.


This banner was made with pieces cut from Bazzill Basics pleated paper in newsprint. The trick to using this stuff, is to put some gel medium along the sewn part so that it doesn't all unravel as you cut it. I did the same thing in the other piece, but painted it a lighter blue. 

 

I love all the dimensional aspects of both of these pieces. Just so much 'sticks up' :) You can really see here too how the protective coat really evens out all the different 'sheen's' (matte / gloss / semi) that might be floating around in one piece.


Here is Live The Life You Have Imagined Woodland. You have already seen a lot of pictures of this painting, as it was the first that I did. But I added more to it as I was working on the first one, so that they would work well together and have similar elements. 


I used black marker for the girls outlines on both. It really helped to make them stand out with everything going on in these pieces. I wanted them to be vibrant, so knocking back the background wasn't an option I was considering.


I used the pleated newsprint for the bottom of the tree as well.


The same banner as in the first painting, but this time with blue paint accents and different words. The two girls receiving these paintings are young, and so I wanted them to have lots of inspiration and life motivation when they looked at these.


Once again, the 'texture' shot. Lots of elements adding dimensional aspects to both! I'm going to be very sad to let these two pieces go, but I know they are heading to a very good home.

Some of the materials I used (I'm sure they are some that I will forget): canvas, patterned paper, gel medium, mod-podge, glass bead medium, gold mica paint, molding paste, stencils, acrylic paint, acrylic ink, inktense pencils, prismacolor coloured pencils, sharpie marker in black, pleated paper, metal plaques, rub-on transfers, brads, craft flowers, stamps, stamping ink, bakers twine, washi tape, book pages, word and letter stickers, glue gun, UV protective coat in gloss.

1 comment:

  1. These are wonderful! The girls will love them -- all the little details!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog :)