Thursday, October 11

Art Journal + Plaster: Fly Away

I must apologize for my creative space being a little late tonight...I got called in to take a shift at work today early this morning - so the whole day I thought I had ahead of me went away very quickly! :)


With the move, there hasn't been much time for 'personal artworks' and so I figured I would pull out my art journal and just give it a crazy go...how crazy?...how about plaster-crazy?



Yup, that's right - I laid down plaster strips and covered my pages with them. I wasn't sure how it would go, and I did face a couple snags...one of them being: the plaster lifted off the pages once dry, and so I ended up gluing it back down.


It was interesting working with it and the paint, as it is very absorbent. But I think that helped to keep the texture in the forefront of the work. 





I had these super cute butterfly stamps too, that I used to create a soft background, and then stamp with classic black ink for a strong impact. I must say I'm pretty impressed with the final look and end result...and boy did that plaster add a lot of thickness to this art journal!



Total items used: Plaster strips, glue, gesso, acrylic paint, stamps, black ink, mod podge, rub-on letters, puffy paint, gold mica, black marker

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog :)