Sunday, July 8

Shine Through Pastel Painting

'Shine Through' - Pastel painting; Available
I put the finishing 'tweaks' on my pastel painting, 'Shine Through' tonight. I'm pretty happy with how it went, and I learnt a lot along the way. 


I love detail shots, as I'm sure you've all realized, so here it is:


And for those who might be curious, here are all the pastels I used, mostly Mount Visions and NuPastels. There's two Schmincke, one Ludwig and one Richardson. This picture is after I cleaned them all up from working with them...they're not so lovely right after a painting when they're horribly dirty! 


That's right if you counted - it's over 50 different pastel colours! Some are very evident where they are, and others not so much. I literally used up about half of my collection of pastels to create this piece, and I was still 'searching' for the right colour sometimes, and not finding it. 

2 comments:

  1. Love the finished picture......lots of beautiful colours used.
    Must be very satisfying to finish it and be happy with the outcome.

    CLaire :}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! It was so fun to see it emerge with each new layer of color.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog :)